Depending on your version of PoreXpert, PoreXpert is supplied as a downloadable version or on a PoreXpert branded memory stick.
There is currently only one installer file. If you have purchased a full Academic or Professional version of PoreXpert, you will receive by courier a hardware dongle that looks like a black or green USB flash drive. If you have requested a 14-day trial licence, we will send you a download link and software licence by email. The installer is designed for MS Windows 7, 8 and 10, 64 bit operating systems. It has been digitally signed to show that it is verified, virus-free software from PoreXpert Ltd. Nevertheless, security measures on your computer such as virus checkers and Windows Defender may prevent a successful installation. To avoid problems, please ensure that you, or the person nominated to install the software, has Administrator rights on your computer. Then follow the steps below exactly.
1. If you have a PoreXpert branded USB stick, run (double-click) the PoreXpert v2 installer .exe which is in its root directory. Skip to step 3 below.
2. If you are downloading PoreXpert from a link we have sent, copy the downloaded Zip file to a temporary directory and extract all contents. Right-click the extracted installer .exe file and in the Properties tab check that it has not been security blocked by Windows as a download. If it has been blocked, unblock by clearing the checkbox. Run (double click) the PoreXpert v2 installer .exe file.
3. A blue screen might appear entitled Windows protected your PC – this is Windows Defender. Click More info. POREXPERT LIMITED will appear as Publisher, thus verifying the installer. Click ‘Run anyway’.
4. Agree to the various questions asked by the installer, and the software should install correctly. Virus checkers may delay the installation to check the software.
1. If you are running the trialware version, skip to step 3 below.
2. If you are installing a dongle-controlled version of the software, plug the hardware dongle that you have been sent into a USB port on your computer. A small red light at the outer end of the dongle should glow to show that the licence drivers have installed on your computer and that licence is working for you. (If the dongle (Sentinel Hasp Key) has not installed correctly, more up-to-date drivers can be downloaded from the Sentinel Website ). Skip to section C below.
3. If you are installing the 14-day trialware version, download the licence vendor-to-customer (v2c) licence updater file sent to you attached to an email.
4. Go to the directory into which you have installed the software (e.g. Program Files/Porexpert Ltd/PoreXpert ) and locate the Remote Update Service (RUS_PX_v2.exe) in the PX install directory and double-click on it to run it.
5. Apply the v2c file with the RUS ‘Apply License File’ dialog and exit.
1. To run the software on a Windows 10 computer, click the Windows icon at the bottom left of your computer, and PoreXpert v2 should appear in the Recently added software list. (To run it under older operating systems, you may need to use the link created on your Windows Desktop.) Click the small down arrow next to the file icon, which will reveal PoreXpert v2, and the user manual (which is also available on the website and incorporated with the software). Click PoreXpert v2 to run the software.
2. When PoreXpert is first launched, it will ask you to register PoreXpert so that you can access customer support. Log in with your email address and password if you have previously registered as a website user. If not, follow the link on the page to open a new tab for the user registration process.
3. The website user registration process will send you a confirmation email to activate your website user account. Follow the link within to do so. You will be directed to a Download page, which you can ignore for the time being.
4. If the Software Registration page is still open in the original tab, return to it and log in with the username and password you have set up. You can re-open PoreXpert again to find this page if needed. Follow the Submit button link and you will receive reach a confirmation page displaying your PoreXpert software registration ‘Response Code’. This will also be sent to you in an email.
5. Copy (CTRL+C) the access code from this screen or the email you have received.
6. Paste the code into PoreXpert and a green tick will appear allowing you to proceed. Your Dongle or Trialware Licence will now be activated.
A paper copy of the Getting Started Guide is included in the presentation pack with every full installation. It is also available from the Downloads page.